Thursday, April 25, 2013

week 8 questions

1. For this course, I have completed five field hours.

2. During my time in the classroom, I was able to observe the teacher modeling phonics instruction. Words were broken into the various elements: Diagraphs, blends, vowels and inflected endings. I was able to complete a reading and spelling invetory list to determine the current instructional level for the child. I was able to work in small groups and teach a lesson on phonics instruction. I used assessment for the child and determined the next steps of instruction for the student. I collaborated all information to the teacher for future use.

3. During the field hours, I was able to strengthen myself personally. I was able to share information, contenet lessons and assessments with the teacher for her use. This has really helped me to kno how important it is to collaborate with others for the needs of other student.s

4. One thing that I learned during the field hours was the importance of using tools such as the reading and spelling inventory. These are vital documents that help form lessons for the students that are right on their instructional level and current learning needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment